One important achievement of LUKOIL Mid East in 2016 was the absence of any hazards and work-related accidents on-site at Iraq's West Qurna-2 oilfield. The team was able to achieve this result thanks to the introduction of the Behavior Based Safety Program (BBS).
Anton Boriskov, HSE Support Manager
The results are truly impressive: 1185 BBS cards were filled in by employees in 2016. The BBS Card is an instrument for collecting data about all cases of unsafe behavior and unsafe working conditions. This information is analyzed and used to improve the HSE system.
THIS MEANS THAT:
- 1185 cases of unsafe behavior and unsafe working conditions, which could have caused occupational injuries and accidents, were identified and rectified
- The company's employees ‘did not pass by’ such cases, but rather paid attention to unsafe situations or unsafe working conditions, intervened, helped mitigate the risk level and filled in the BBS cards thereafter.
Based on the results for 2016, 84 employees were awarded with gifts and recognition prizes. Given the importance and large scale of the BBS program and its positive effect in stimulating safe behavior, reducing injuries and emergency rates, the HSE Committee of West Qurna-2 decided to award three employees for filling-in the best BBS cards.
THE SPECIAL GIFTS (GALAXY 9/7" 16GB TABLETS) WERE AWARDED TO:
1. Mohammed Abdulrida Abbas Alqatrani - Control Instrumentation Technician, GTPP;
2.Essa Najim Kazaal Alemarah, - DC Controller, Warehouse;
3. Abdulrazzaq Ismael Salman Alawdhi - Technician, Production Department.
But in the end all West Qurna-2 employees are the winners, since ultimately:
- Every workplace becomes safer;
- Day-by-day, the employees get to be more considerate to themselves and one another;
- Safe operation is more efficient and gives a bigger sense of accomplishment!
Besides, the Best HSE Initiative Contest was held among the West Qurna-2 structural units. The Power Operations Department was recognized as the winner for the commitment of all personnel to proactive identification of unsafe behavior and unsafe environment cases.
As part of its commitment to industrial safety and the envi...read more
How employees handle themselves in the workplace is key to industrial safety, says the Head of LUKOIL’s Department of HSE & RD Igor Zaikin.read more
Houston deals with the aftermath of Hurricane Harveyread more
LUKOIL Uzbekistan teamed up with the Tashkent Department of Emergency Situations to conduct a mock earthquake drill for office and contractor personne...read more